Login |  Register |  FAQ

Addon to replace AVR - HudMap

Post subject: Addon to replace AVR - HudMap
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 pm 
Well Blizz is breaking AVR next patch but a new mod is being developed to do basically the same thing without having to draw on the game world. The wow gods haven't shown any dislike of the new mod so cross fingers that this one stays.

What HudMap does differently from AVR is that it shows a kind of 2d minimap overlaying your screen that shows your relative position to everyone else in the raid. It alerts you to boss abilities and range debuffs like empowered shock vortex just like AVR. Check out the video on mmochampion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/hudmap-facebook-twitter-irc/

It's a bit hard to see since the videos are so small, but there is an arrow on top of the guy's head that shows his position. The debuffs show as circles, and the line rotating inside shows how close the debuffs are to completing. I'm guessing the larger arrow in the top left points north.

---

Post subject: Re: Addon to replace AVR - HudMap
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm 

I was testing out this addon last night. Not to bad. used it more for range check. I had to turn of the Autoscale because it got way to huge! but all in all it will help out a little